Words of Hope
Words of Hope
- When you're attacked, FOF! (verse 4): It's not a position of surrender to the enemy, but of submission to the God who gives REVELATION of the plan of attack! In this case, as in all cases, God's plan is to prove himself. Each man was to fill his censer and let God choose (verse 7). When we walk under God's authority, He shows Himself in mighty ways, For example, earth opened up and swallowed people, fire came down and consumed others; yet, it was God's justice, not ours.
- When you're interceding, FOF! (verse 22): The love of God constrains us to stand in the gap for the lost. Falling on our face before God brings DIRECTIONS on how to present DELIVERANCE. The message stays the same, the delivery may vary and if it is God directed, it will accomplish. With urgency, Moses and the elders, go to the people with a message of repentance and separation (verse 26).
- When you're atoning (forgiving), FOF! (verse 45): Even after God had proven His choice of Moses and Aaron, the people still brought strife and contention. God again appears with judgment and the leaders again FOF in humility. This time they further demonstrate their love with actions. Standing between death and life with atoning forgiveness, Aaron's censer, full of coals with incense smoke rising up, pleads for the people. God stays the plague! The message of the cross and Christ's resurrection is what brings reconciliation and redemption today. God still uses humble messengers to deliver it!
- To be fully awakened - "get out of bed"
- Rekindle, revive - "stoke the coals"
- Mix, blend as soup, cake mix, etc.
Pastor Steve Ramey
It has been said "Unity plus Diversity equals Harmony." Like a great symphony performed by an equally great orchestra, so is the body of Christ. Each unique member, excelling in their own part, allowing the body to perform at peak efficiency. We are blessed to be a part of such a diverse group with different gifts, talents, and callings. Each being led by Holy Spirit, and instructed by the Word of God. "Fitly joined together" as Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 4:16, illustrates the impact each member provides for the other members. Everyone combining to become an effective body. This is powerfully demonstrated in this congregation. What a joy to labor together with such passionate, dedicated, and courageous followers of Christ! We desire to be even more connected with our fellow congregations in this local area. This is ultimately Christ's desire; for His ENTIRE body to come together in power & unity! Together effectively proclaiming Jesus to a dying world. He is the Hope of Glory!
Our goal with these few words, is to exhort, edify, and encourage all of us to keep up the good fight of faith. To press on, pray strong, and praise long; For He is worthy, whom has called YOU "for such a time as this!"